Corporate Plan fiscal years 2017-2021
"To be the excellence mass rapid transit organization that sustainably elevates the quality of life and enhances city development nation-wide"
The “Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand” Act B.E. 2543 (2000) has set 3 objectives with the following
- To carry out mass rapid transit operations in Bangkok Metropolitan and its vicinity, including other provinces as prescribed by Royal Decree, or between such provinces.
- To study, analyze and prepare projects or plans pertaining to mass rapid transit operations for improvement and modernization thereof.
- To carry out businesses related to the mass rapid transit operations or other business beneficial to the MRTA and passengers using the mass rapid transit services.
Policy of MRTA Board of Directors
MRTA Board of Directors determines the policy and governs the operation of MRTA. Therefore, in order for MRTA operation to be in accordance with the objectives and consistent with the government’s policy, MRTA Board of Directors has set out a policy to be used as guideline for operation and governance, as follows
- To promptly carry on and complete the projects of mass rapid transit lines as assigned and open for service as planned.
- To provide mass rapid transit service that is convenient, fast, safe and punctual, keeping in mind the satisfaction of each target group.
- To allow the public contribution in the operation and use the public’s feedback for development and improvement of operation.
- To operate the organization with good governance, social and environmental responsibility, and put emphasis one prevention and mitigation of impact which may occur from the operation of the organization.
- To manage assets, operate the business with continuity, and provide supporting services to increase income and reduce support burden from the government.
- To implement effective financial management, in terms of cash management, liabilities management, and risk management.
- To communicate progressively in different methods so that the public is aware and understands the importance of MRTA, our operation, and supporting MRTA.
- To develop personnel, internal management, and information system to increase effectiveness in operating the organization, and encourage concrete knowledge and technology transfer from contractors and consultants.
- To develop and improve incentive system both in terms of money and non-money incentive in order to establish fairness and motivation for employees.
The mission statements is set out as a general principal to guide the operation of MRTA during the fiscal year 2017-2021 that will assist the organisation in achieving its communicated vision.
- Proceed in expanding the metro connecting systems.
- Continually develop related business (non-core) in response to the needs of the citizen as well as the government’s policy.
- Enhance customer experience.
- Proceed to become an organization with high efficiency under good governance.
- Create a culture that value learning and knowledge expansion.
- Create a learning center that focuses on mass rapid transit.
The Corporate Goals for the fiscal year 2017-2021 is set to clearly and strategically drive the operation of MRTA and assist the organization in achieving its vision. The establishment of the corporate goal takes into account the following aspect; expansion of the metro system, financial and business operation, stakeholders involve, sustainability, learning and development and operational performance. The Operational performance aspects includes
- Increase coverage of metro system in Bangkok and other major cities in Thailand.
- Increase the number of passenger as target.
- Increase MRTA’s connectivity with other public transport systems.
- Increase revenue channel.
- Increase MRTA’s financial management performance.
- Improve diversity of product lines and services that reflect the demands of urban society.
- Increase involvement of MRTA as a major part of enhancing the citizen’s quality of life.
- Become the leading ASEAN hub focusing on educating and providing consultations about mass rapid transit (rail system).
- Become a high performing organization under good governance.
Based on vision, missions and corporate goals, MRTA has hereby set forth operating goals to be achieved by the end of the fiscal year 2021 as follows
- The MRT Projects will be opened service as follow*
- The Green line project, Bearing-Smutprakan section will be opened in 2018.
- The Blue line project, Hua Lampong-Bang Khae section and Bang Sue-Tha Phra section, The Green line project Mo Chit-Saphan Mai-Khu Khot section, The Pink line project Khae Rai-Min Buri section and The Yellow line project Lat Phrao-Samrong section will be opened in 2020.
- The Blue line project, Bang Khae-Buddha Monthol Sai 4 section and The Green line Samutprakan- Bang pu section and Khu Knot-Lum Look Kha section will be opened in 2021.
- The Orange line project Thailand Cultural Centre- Min Buri section will be opened in 2022.
- The Orange line project Taling Chan- Thailand Cultural Centre section and The Purple line project Tao Poon-Ratburana section will be opened in 2024.
2. It is expected that the number of passengers each line will increase 5 percent each year.
3. It is expected to archive passenger’s satisfaction of the connecting system target. (Collect passenger’s satisfaction in 2017 to be use as baseline for setting 2018 target onward)
4. It is expected that the revenue from related businesses will increase 5 percent each year.
5. It is expected to archive corporate Return on asset (ROA) target. (Collect corporate Return on asset (ROA) in 2017 to be use as baseline for setting 2018 target onward)
6. It is expected to archive passenger’s and communities satisfaction of MRT services and other related services target. (Collect MRT Blue line passenger’s and communities satisfaction of MRT services and other related services in 2017 to be use as baseline for setting 2018 target onward)
7. It is expected to archive the Social Return on investment (SROI) target. (Collect the Social Return on investment (SROI) in 2017 to be use as baseline for setting 2018 target onward)
8. To become the learning center of mass rapid transit, completed by the schedule.
9. To become the domestic and regional consulting center, completed by the schedule. (Begin to assess the readiness of consulting center in 2019)
10. 3.72 score of employee engagement.
11. It is expected to archive the number of employee who pass the competency assessment target. (Collect the number of employee who reach minimum requirement in 2017 to be used as baseline for setting 2018 target onward)
12. It is expected to improve effectiveness of corporate working process during 2017-2021
13. It is expected to increase overall corporate productivity each year by archive Human Capital on investment (HCROI) target.
Note * The MRT project will be opened according to goals of MRT Projects perceived by the MRTA Board of Directors meeting on April 20, 2016